Still amazed at how long it takes to do a decent job of bending ribs, using curly wood that is predisposed to cracking. I see why Stradivari often used much plainer maple for ribs than for the back -- I should take his lead on this, but for this next violin it's already too late. I've gotten into it with some nice looking (and curly) big leaf maple. I did finally get a couple of C bout ribs to cooperate quite nicely, and will wrangle with the rest of them tomorrow.
Spending hours cutting, scraping (to 1 mm), and bending ribs, only to have a bunch of them break -- we violin makers are an unusual breed.